Friday, April 25, 2014

The Journey

       In the Christian faith, I have heard a lot about the mountain tops and valleys a person experiences. However, I believe there is a place that gets overlooked. I'm talking about the steep hills we can spend so much of our time trying to scale, or the narrow foot paths that if we were to slip we would surely fall off the cliff. The period of time we spend trying to figure out the right direction we should go, or the moments when we feel as if we have exerted as much energy as we could, yet are required of even more. I'm talking about the journey. From the very beginning as we look up for what seems like miles to even catch a glimpse of the top, or the view from the halfway point where we have a choice to turn around or keep going, or that last precious step we take that enables us to get a 360 degree view of where God has been leading us. Each part plays an important role in our walk with Christ; for each one has something to teach us about ourselves and how God uses every moment in our lives for His purpose. I feel as if this journey began on a mountain top after quite of bit of learning through a valley. Nothing could hold a candle to my passion and desire for God, everything was clear and made sense, and all I could see was His glorious light for miles and miles. However, I would be a fool to think it could be like that forever. How else could I learn to appreciate the rays of light that burst through the canopy of trees; small, beautiful reminders that God is still with me. It's along the way that I can take notice and praise God for the fine details He puts in his creation; I can hear the melodies of nature coming to life and serving the purpose He specifically designed for them. I find out He is the source of my strength as I pull myself up and over obstacles along the way; I can only glorify His name as I take each step and persevere. We often hear that we should praise Him through the valley, and I without a doubt agree with that; however, nothing is as precious as the honor we lift before Him while we are in the middle of it all. Praising him for what He has brought us through which has enabled our hearts to glorify His name while we walk down the path He made for us! There is a lot to be said for remaining faithful when our need isn't as desperate as before and it would be easier to become complacent.
        I guess I share all this to encourage anyone who is in the in between, for Christ will meet you in the middle. When there are times you feel like you started out with direction, but somewhere along the way you may have gotten lost. Or it seems like you have spent so much time and energy that you feel like you should have reached your destination by now; be patient and stay true, for it's all in His timing. Or maybe you just need motivation to get you through the last few miles; keep focused and look ahead, Jesus is already waiting with brighter days ahead!
      I opened up a bit because that's where I feel like I am these days. I went from feeling on top of the world, to being kind of caught in the middle and not for sure where I'm headed. I feel like I'm all over the place, mentally, physically, and spiritually. I'm learning the true extent I have to go on all levels in order to let God use me fully. I've had to realize that it's not about my part (because it's not about me at all) in God's plan but how He plays a part in everything, and I mean absolutely everything! So many situations arise and I can't help but give God the glory for bringing them about. Along with the challenges have been times of excitement, such as seeing the building coming together right before our eyes (I will post pictures soon). I wish I could take a picture of Ms. Pearl as she looks out the window, it would truly make your heart smile and bring about an inspiration to be patient because God holds true to His promises.
      And then there are these kids:



           I know, right? I mean how did I get so lucky?!? It's crazy to think that working with them is what I consider a break! They cause me to get out of my thoughts and into a world of imagination, hope, and pure joy. Tears come to my eyes as I think of all they do for my heart; their hugs and laughter go beyond my heart to uplift my spirit. The love God has for these precious ones shines so brightly through them that I cannot help but be encouraged to keep going! He is helping me through this journey and I could not be more thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment