Saturday, May 17, 2014

Searching for Peace

      This week has been a spiritual challenge for me. I'm trying to see the bigger picture on a few things, but of course I cannot because I am not gifted like my Father. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed by all the little details that are trying to wear me down, however I feel like I'm failing miserably at that task. I wholeheartedly believe that God is going to see everything through, but the time in between His current involvement until His final touch is somewhat exhausting. Despite the difficulties I have had, I praise God for the way He can bless us so unexpectedly in the midst of our struggles, we just have to be paying attention! I praise God for the people He has placed in my life and for revealing their purpose in such thoughtful ways. And I will be forever grateful for the grace and love He so willingly shares with me to encourage me along the way!
      My cousin shared with me a piece of my great grandmother that touched my heart and inspired me to keep going. These are words from over twenty years ago that I'm sure she had no idea would impact others today. I send out a big thank you to Becky for sharing something so precious at just the right time!
 
"A Prayer"

Dear master, as I seek Thy face
For power and light to run the race
Of life, that Thou hast planned for me-
To receive the reward in Eternity.
 
May I find grace in time of need
Upon Thy Word, my soul to feed.
Thy Spirit guide and comfort me
From Satan's power to be kept free.
 
Use me Lord, in Your own precious way,
To help someone along life's way-
To see, to hear, to understand
The hurts and cries of fallen man.
 
To reach out in love, to lift the load,
Of some weary traveler on life's rugged road,
And point them to Jesus, the Savior of men-
Who lived, loved, and died to redeem them from sin.
 
He arose from the grave, ascended on high,
And is coming again in the sweet by and by-
To gather us home, forever to bless-
With peace, joy, and love in the Heavenly bliss.
Helen Taylor
5-11-1990
 
    Her words didn't solve any of my problems, but brought a comfort that words fail to describe. As I read, tears fell so easily as my heart longed to be able to see her and be able to share this journey with her. So often I find myself longing to just talk with her, or anyone who has given all they have to live out a life of service for God. To ask her questions of how she kept going for so long, what was the hardest part for her, what was her favorite part about being a missionary, or what encouraged her the most?
      And as He always does, God has pulled through. I may not be able to talk with my great grandmother any longer, but I live with a woman who has an incredible heart for God and is a prime example of what it means to live every moment for Him. Ms. Pearl lives a life that is a true example of finding joy in the midst of challenges. It seems almost every day there is something unexpected that changes her whole schedule, someone adds to her to do list, or God asks her to give just a little more of her time than she originally planned. She lives out what we are called to do, she is the person we are told to be, and she does it in such a way that only God can get the credit. She was on the phone one night this week and I was out on the stairs waiting to leave with her. (We are firm believers in the buddy system around here.) I don't remember the details of the conversation, but there was a point that I had to look up and make sure she wasn't talking to me because it resonated so much with what I have been feeling. This is all Ms. Pearl talking, "'I asked her that even though all this is going on, do you have any peace at all in your heart about anything?' And she told me, 'Yea, yea I do.' And then I told her, 'Take that peace, and hold onto it girl! You may have to search for it for a bit, but once you got it, don't let go of it!'" You know those moments when you just know that God is talking to you? That was one for me.
     I share this with you to encourage you to keep going, God will reveal His plan, just be patient. Remember that you're not alone in any way that you are feeling. Yes, we are all different, but we have all been created in His likeness and can have similarities even with the most unlikely people. I praise God for the people He brings about along our journey, each one serves such purpose and brings about great blessings. And I urge you to find His peace and never let go; it will see you through till the end of the storm and into His glorious light!

No comments:

Post a Comment